wiki:Meetings
Last modified 10 years ago Last modified on 05/04/07 14:23:17

Meetings

Here's a list of past meetings, the most recent first.

4.5.2007, 14:00 EEST (FlashMeeting)

Agenda

  • transfer of man-months between WP1 and WP3
  • status of man-month and activity reports to the consortium
  • new developer at Sztaki
  • today's release
  • future plans

Minutes

  • 2 man-months are being left over from Tovek in WP1, and UiO has spent 2 man-months too much in WP1. The idea is to take 2 months from Tovek/WP1 and give 2 months to TLU or Sztaki in WP3, and transfer 2 months from UiO/WP3 to UiO/WP1. That way the man-month totals for each WP will remain the same, but they will be better allocated to the work that needs doing. Jan will contact the managers of TLU and Sztaki to find out which one can allocate the extra man power to handle those man-months.
  • Everyone should remind their managers that financial reports need to be sent to the project officer by Monday.
  • Gabor will introduce himself via e-mail, since Sztaki's microphone (still) was not functioning properly. Szabi is leaving us next Wednesday, and we're sorry to see him go.
  • We'll release today.
  • Summer vacations etc. will be written down in WeeklySchedule.
  • Martin will encourage his teachers to write method and tool descriptions. All others are also encouraged to contribute content to LeMill.net.
  • Hans will prototype a new template for quizzes of sort. New template ideas from teachers are welcome.
  • Integration of Portal and LeMill needs to be discussed with WP4.
  • Media conversion server needs to be spiked.

Several meetings were held, agendas not stored

:(

18.10.2006, 14:00 EEST (FlashMeeting)

Agenda

  • review of milestone goals: visual freeze, vocabulary freeze, bugfree functionality
  • discussion about heuristic UI analysis
  • planning and allocation of work (this milestone and longer range planning)

Minutes

  • Priorities for this milestone:
    1. EUN skin
    2. Toolbox overview
    3. Vocabulary
    4. Fix all bugs (or disable features that cannot be fixed before release)
  • Heuristic analysis will be planned by Jan and Hans, then conducted at UiO, as soon as possible; results reported into Trac wiki
  • Developers present for this sprint:
    • full time: Szabi, Pjotr, Jukka
    • part-time: Tarmo, Vahur, Hans
  • All partners should figure out how much man-months they have left for the remaining 12 months and how they are going to fulfill them

4.10.2006, 14:00 EEST (FlashMeeting)

Agenda

  • long range status reports from all partners:
    • how many man-months do you have left for the second year
    • which people will be working on WP3, and doing which tasks
  • reflection
    • feedback from the last year
    • reflection on what went well, what went less well
    • suggestions for changes in working practices
  • review of the milestones for the next 3-4 months
  • allocation of work

Minutes

  • long range status reports
    • TAIK: Tarmo continues as usual, Jukka continues at 50% at least until the end of the year, probably longer, Hans continues as usual
    • Sztaki: Szabolc continues full-time, Lászlo contributes as needed
    • TLU: Vahur, Meelis, and Pjotr continue at 25%, Mart and Martin participate as needed
    • UiO: Jan works on the scientific review and the expert walkthrough, later as needed
  • working practices
    • We'll have a one week development sprint once / month
    • Designers work continuously as usual
    • We'll have a weekly FlashMeeting among people constantly involved in LeMill, and a monthly FlashMeeting among all WP3 participants
  • immediate priorities
    • Testing LeMill with real content
    • Finding and fixing bugs and problems
    • Finishing the graphics and skins for Toolbox and LeMill
    • Development of new templates

19.7.2006, 14:00 EEST (FlashMeeting)

Agenda

  • Release 0.6 Ambiorix: status check and priorities
  • What editor will be used in LeMill
  • LeMidlet (Mobile piece uploader) status check
  • Deliverable 3.2. construction

Minutes

  • To the 0.6 Ambiorix we must have a clear separation of "pieces" and "material", so that one can broswe and search only on of them. At the moment LeMill is very hard to use as finding the "materials" is not simple enough. For this release we also need the templates for creating learning material: multimedia page and presentation. When these (browsing and searching by material/piece + templates) are implemented we should produce to the LeMill some really useful material that can be used in demonstrations. Otherwise the tickets accepted to the release 0.6 and their priorities are correct.
  • We decided that we will use the WYM editor (http://www.wym-editor.org/en/). For those users whoes borwiser is not supported we will show the HTML in a normal text area. The HTML tags accepted will be very limited. Hans coordinates this. We will also report and maybe fix the WYM editor's bug of doing lists. Tarmo will do this.
  • Laszlo is not at his office this week, however, he is working on the LeMidlet and is in schedule with it. There could be more detailed tickets related to the LeMidlet and the source code could be included to the SVN.
  • Teemu, Tarmo and Hans are getting the deliverable 3.2 ready untill Thusrday (final deadline). The document is written in the wiki, in here ReportLOTdemo. Hans will do the wireframe prototypes of the three templates andwill write explanation texts about them with a several different "usecases / scenarious of use". Teemu will write the definitions and Tarmo will cooordinate the whole (introduction, abstract, language check, etc.)

12.6.2006, 14:00 EEST (FlashMeeting)

Agenda

  • Status reports
  • Sprint start and focus

Minutes

  • Hungary is very quiet: maybe we will find some mobile java task for them
  • We will aim to release more often.
  • In next three weeks people in Helsinki are busy with several other project.

25.4.2006, 14:00 EEST (FlashMeeting)

Agenda

  • Status reports
  • Discussion of consequences of ReportLearningDesign by Jan
  • Summary of conference call on 24.4.2006 between WP3 and WP4
  • Participation in the LRE workshop in Ljubljana 7th-9th June

Minutes

  • Everybody should read ReportLearningDesign (and Jan will post the official version into the page as well)
  • Immediate focus on the Overview of LeMill - it should be done by the 8th of May
  • Ljubljana is still undecided - although Vahur is the best man to send

2.3.2006, 14:00 EEST (FlashMeeting)

Minutes

  • Status reports:
    • Hans: UI layouts, should be done by next wednesday
    • Jan: worked on D3.1
    • Others: busy with other stuff
  • About next week's sprint:
    • Daily flashmeetings at 14:00 EEST.
    • Goal for developers: implement as many high priority enhancement tickets as possible
    • Intermedia will work on report D3.1 and also work on community relates user stories

17.2.2006, 11:00 EEST (FlashMeeting)

Minutes

  • Status reports:
    • Hans: worked on UI layouts
    • Tarmo: worked on Fle3 integration
    • Teemu: busy with other tasks, leaves for South Africa for 6 weeks, will participate as much as possible
    • Jan: worked on D3.1
    • Tallinn: busy with other tasks, will be available on week 9
    • László: busy with other tasks
  • Recruitment: One new developer recruited in Helsinki, starts work in the beginning of March. Two new people recruited in Budapest, start work in the beginning of March.

14.2.2006, 14:00 EEST (FlashMeeting)

Agenda

  • Status reports
  • Status and plans for deliverable D3.1

Minutes

  • See next meeting, same status reports here.
  • Jan is responsible for Deliverable D3.1, which is edited online. Others should comment and participate.

6.2.2006, 14:00 EEST (FlashMeeting)

  • New, more useful ticket reports are listed on the Wiki front page.
    • Programmers should start assigning tickets to themselves from report {3} and start working on them.
    • Designers should work on unfinished stories in report {10} and try to get them ready for acceptance by product owners
    • Everybody should keep an eye on report {14}, which contains all accepted stories, and which forms the requirements specification for the Toolbox
  • Programmers:
    • Remember to commit only tested code, so the repository always contains a working version of the system
    • New stories and enhancement tickets will appear during this week, so don't overcommit too early
  • UI:
    • Hans works on specifications, Tarmo helps with technical zpt issues
    • Anna will do the graphics implementation starting on the 9th of March, and finish before the Brussels meeting
  • Sztaki is hiring new people, and possibly tomorrow a new programmer will join the project
  • Next meeting scheduled to be held on the 14.2.2006, at 14:00 EEST.

3.1.2006, 11:00 EEST (Skype)

Agenda

  • Status reports
  • Details about next week's workshop

Minutes

  • Status
    • Hans: Worked on Merlot and other additional tools
    • Meelis: Worked with his ticket
  • Workshop next week:
    • Tallinn: Everybody is at the workshop the whole week, with these exceptions: Vahur on Monday, Mart and Hans on Thursday.
    • Communications will be held using FlashMeeting, 2-3 times / day. First meeting Monday at 11:00 EEST (10:00 CEST). Also keep IRC open the whole week.
    • Goals for the workshop:
      • Hans, Mart and Martin go through the user stories and refine them (Hans will accept them when they're ready)
      • Others will split accepted stories into smaller tickets. Everybody decides whether to include them into Prototype 1 on leave for later.
      • Others will work on enhancment and task tickets, starting with the largest and most difficult tickets, leaving the easy ones last. The goal is to have all major features ready by Friday.

20.12.2005, 11:00 EEST (Skype)

Agenda

  • Status reports, including plans for the holiday season
  • Decisions about the next face-to-face: place and time

Minutes

  • Status reports:
    • Martin: created 3 UI design tickets for comments
    • Hans: was busy with an article, can't do anything this week. Will work with Calibrate during the next week.
    • Martin and Hans: wrote an article about Calibrate to an Estonian journal, published in December
    • Tarmo: closed some tickets
    • László: busy with other things, will work on tickets this week. Sztaki will look for new people to join in the project. Balázs handles the details about budgeting and meetings.
  • Face-to-face meeting:
    • We decided that Tarmo will travel to Budapest, and others will stay where they are. That way we minimize travel expenses, but have more than one person in each location, so team work is possible. The meeting will be divided into two locations, then: Budapest and Tallinn.
    • The workshop will be held during the entire week 2, so starting on the 9th of January and continuing until the 13th of January.

13.12.2005, 11:00 EEST (Skype)

Agenda

  • Status reports
  • Planning the next face-to-face sprint in January

Minutes

  • Status reports
    • Martin worked on interfaces and 3rd party products and will continue with Hans.
    • Vahur and Mart were in Vienna, so not much progress there. Vahur will continue with his tickets.
    • Meelis will take the tickets related to the new case study feature.
    • Teemu worked and is working on the user stories, but will leave for holidays tomorrow and will return in the middle of January.
    • László has installed Plone into Linux. Hungarians can work for the next two weeks, then Sztaki will be closed.
    • Others: Please add your status reports here.
  • Face-to-face meeting will be held in Budapest before the middle of January. Something like 3 days is probably ok. This is for programmers only, so no need for everybody to join in. László will check things from Sztaki's side, and Martin will ask Vahur's and Meelis's schedules.

6.12.2005 (No meeting)

Status reports

  • Tarmo: Last week worked on some UI related tickets, improved burndown chart. This week no specific plans, probably will work on UI a bit more.
  • Everyone: add your report here

29.11.2005 11:00 EEST (Skype)

Agenda

  • Current status (what's happened, any problems, what's happening next)
  • Discussion on investigating products that may be useful to us

Minutes

  • Present: Balázs, László, Martin, Tarmo, Vahur
  • Estonians are moving from one building to another, so some disruptions of work there.
  • Martin will coordinate the review of other products. He's already started, and will create a wiki page for the results. Others should add information about products they find in the technology page. Martin will then create task tickets out of them and others can select a few which they'll look at and write a short summary about.
  • Vahur plans to close all tickets he's committed to.
  • László will take a look at ArchGenXML and write a summary about it. He'll also work on his tickets.
  • Tarmo has some other products to work with, but will work on building the customization policy and closing UI related tickets.
  • Meelis will work with selected tickets and trys to commit them for end of week
  • Hans: setting up Toolbox, working on paper prototypes and Human Interface Guidelines. Offline next Monday and Tuesday.
  • Others should add their plans for the week here

14.11.2005 15:00 EEST (Skype)

Agenda

  • Current status from all partners:
    • What's been going on?
    • Any problems?
    • What's happening next?
  • Next week's workshop in Helsinki:
    • Travel and accomodation arrangements
    • Computer and network issues
  • Other issues

Minutes

  • Present: Balázs, László, Martin, Tarmo, Teemu
  • What's done:
    • All design session results are in the wiki except for the Norwegians, who have promised to post their results tonight.
  • What's happening next:
    • Creating user stories this week (very important!). Teemu and Hans will start and others can follow the examples.
    • Finishing travel arrangements for next week (Mart and Balázs)
  • Next week's workshop:
    • Add any ideas you have into the wiki page.
    • Apparently everybody has their own laptop with wireless connectivity. If you need a cable connection, you must send your MAC address to Tarmo this week!

7.11.2005 15:00 EEST (Skype)

Agenda

  • Current status from all partners:
    • What's been going on?
    • Any problems?
    • What's happening next?
  • Other issues

Minutes

  • What's done:
  • What's happening next:
    • Design sessions in Hungary will be held tomorrow, summaries will be done by Friday.
    • Design sessions in Norway should be done by Friday.
    • Next week: writing user stories from the session results.
    • Teemu and/or Hans will post some information on user stories.
    • Next week we'll plan the workshop in Helsinki in more detail.

31.10.2005 15:00 EEST (Skype)

Agenda

  • Current status from all partners:
    • What's been going on?
    • Any problems?
    • What's happening next?

Minutes

  • What's been going on:
    • All scenarios are ready, and translated to Finnish and Estonian
    • Teemu is holding the design session in Finland today
    • Hans is holding the design session in Estonia today
  • What's happening next:
    • Everybody should check out the Polls page and answer the question regarding what kind of laptop they're bringing.
    • Hans will stay in Tallin to summarize and translate the session
    • Three weeks until the first sprint, and by then we must complete:
      • hold the design sessions, write summaries, translate them into English
      • turn those translated summaries into user stories and/or feature requirements

21.10.2005, 11:30 EEST (Skype)

Agenda

  • Selection of chairman and secretary
  • Current status from all partners:
    • What's been going on?
    • Any problems?
    • What's happening next?
  • Trac walkthrough by Tarmo
    • Wiki
    • RSS
    • Tickets
  • Decisions:
    • Weekly meeting time
    • IM selection
  • Whatever comes up

Minutes

  • Present: Hans, László, Mart, Meelis, Tarmo, Teemu, Vahur.
  • Hans chaired, Tarmo was secretary
  • Current status:
    • What's been going on:
    • What's happening next:
      • Creation of all scenarios (#2) by 26.10. by Hans, László, Teemu, and Terje.
      • Teacher recruitment (#3) by 28.10. by Hans, László, and Teemu.
      • Design session instructions (#7) by 28.10 by Teemu and Hans.
      • Design sessions (#4) by 4.11. by Teemu, Hans, and László.
      • and so on: see milestone Initial design
  • Decisions:
    • Weekly online VoIP meeting time was scheduled for Monday, at 15:00 EEST, 14:00 CEST. The meeting should be no longer than half an hour and focus on future things, as the history should be visible in the Trac.
    • IM platform was selected to be IRC. Tarmo will set up the channel.