Themes for focus group interviews
Focus group interview should cover the following themes (updated August 2007):
- How did you find out about LeMill?
- How easy or difficult was it to get started with LeMill?
- Have you read LeMill FAQ or other documentation?
- What kind of support material teachers need?
- Do you turn your attention to copyright issues related to learning resources?
- Have you found from LeMill useful content made by other teachers?
- How did you use the content you found? Did you modify it according to your needs?
- What motivates you to publish your learning resources in LeMill?
- How do you use LeMill content in your lessons?
- Have you ever got lost in LeMill?
- Is there something confusing in the user interface?
- Are there operations that require too many steps to be completed?
- Do you find on-screen messages understandable and helpful?
- How often do you visit LeMill?
- Do you follow what's going on? How?
- Have you made new contacts in LeMill?
- How do you feel about working together on a content with other teachers?
- Have you thought to invite somebody to work with you?
- How much would it mean to you to know that someone is using material that you have created?
- What kind of other software you are using to create learning resources?
- What kind of Web 2.0 environments you are using in your teaching and learning?
- What kind of software you use to communicate with students, parents and friends?
- Do you use any learning environment or learning management system?
- How do you see the roles of LeMill and the Portal in CALIBRATE project?
- Are LeMill and the Portal supporting each other or are they competing for attention?